Recently, I posted a (3) part series on deciding whether a Virtual Assistant (VA) was the best choice for your personal life or small business. I thought I would follow-up to this series and further emphasize some other activities which Virtual Assistants are very helpful with. It’s the big Q2 for most of us, and we’re heading into the nicest part of the year, summer! Hiring a VA might free up some summer time which could be better spent on family activities or just making time for you!
- Organization – VA’s have the benefit of working from their homes or an office location outside of your business. They have the ability to work with online programs, create power point presentations, sort files, and turn tasks into more manageable, organized solutions. They create precise details at first glance, versus trying to sort through hours of your own personal notes. Seems like a great idea to me!
- Specialization – Maybe your business deals with more specialized services such as real estate or tax issues? Virtual Assistants can vary in background specialties. Usually the more experienced will require a higher price tag, but if it saves yourself time, it can all be worth it.
- Travel Plans – Does your job require a lot of traveling? Is it time consuming for you to sit down, find the most cost-efficient flight, car rental, and hotel? Well, VAs can perform these activities too. This may seem minor to you, but if it saved you (4) hours a week, would it be worth it to you? Especially if you figure your wages per hour in comparison to hiring the work, simple things like this can sometimes be a no-brainer.
- Answering phones – Do you have a business that needs a live person at the end of it in order for the customer to always have a friendly voice to approach with a question? Well, this is another role where VAs can be very successful. Again, it saves you loads of time as this simply requires forwarding your phone and the rest is on them!
- Blogs – Do you have a website that requires a blog, but you are sometimes too busy to write them? Well, VAs can research topics and publish creative masterpieces for your clients’ viewing pleasure. As the decision maker for your business, you of course have final say in the content of these articles. Given the minor task of advising of the final touches, in comparison to writing an article from scratch, will absolutely save you time and money. Who knows, you and your clients might very much enjoy this new creative perspective VAs can bring to your business.
- Website Updates – We all want the most innovative and interactive, up-to-date website, but who has time to always post the latest and greatest? Guess what? A VA can do this too! This requires a little more direction regarding your goals and target audience that you wish to reach, as well as a more specialized VA background, but definitely a great task to hire out.
These are just a few of the many activities that VAs can be available for and able to assist with regarding your small business needs. I’m also excited to make the point that Impact Virtual Services can offer all of these services to you and would be pleased to offer a free consultation to discuss the demands of your small business and how we can offer the most practical solutions. We’re approaching summer time and this means it’s time to get out and enjoy the weather. We all work way too hard, year-round, so take advantage of these opportunities and let us know how we can help save you time and money.